Introducing: Organic & Peace Silk
The invention of organically produced cruelty free silk has made a large impact on sustainable luxury market. But wht is organic silk is better than conventional silk?
As a philosophy, we believe that humans should refrain from inflicting suffering on others, which is why we like to produce our garments from peace silk. Simply put, it means that silk worms can complete their life cycle and finally fly away as a beautiful butterfly. Increase in production of peace silk has seen increase in local pollination and resulted in return of many lost botanical species.
- Bio-dynamic agriculture for the Mulberry trees
- No appliance of pesticides. Do not contain any residues from artificial fertilizers or growth-enhancing substances
- Manufacturing without heavy metal salts and harmful chemicals
- Production meets the requirements for “controlled biological production/husbandry” (kbT)
- Good social working conditions, no child labour, follows processes that lead to an improved local economic balance
- Fair wages for the workers
As well as, the high-quality silkworm feed crucially improves the quality of the silk.
We're proudly partnering with Cocccon, the world's largest producer of organic peace silk, and source only in stock fabrics. We don't produce new fabrics in order to save the environment from overproduction.