As a sustainable fashion company we embrace our collective responsibility to take care of the Earth and secure a sustainable future. Our Sustainability Policy is here to demonstrate our commitment to sustainable development and to the practices that we are implementing to reduce the impact our operations have on the environment. As a start-up, we are yet small but dedicated to learning as we go.
The Sustainable Development Goals set by United Nations are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. Today, KiRiVOO is mostly guided by four of the following goals:
- Goal 8 - Decent work and economic growth
- Goal 12 - Responsible Production and Consumption
- Goal 14 - Life below water (avoid plastic bags)
Goal 17 - Partnerships to achieve the goals
OUR KEY ACTIONS BEING IMPLEMENTED:
- Use environmentally friendly fabrics for creating our collections. For example, certified organic cotton, organic peace silk, organic cotton blend fabrics and bamboo viscose. We take extra care to protect the environment by using certified textiles (GOTS, ECOCERT, FWF) and dyeing processes (Standard 100 by OECO-TEX) that comply with the highest standards of ecology and sustainable development and do not consist harmful substances
- Reduce waste by (1) producing on-demand, (2) keeping our leftovers and (3) buying stock leftovers from fabric manufacturers. Our own leftovers are currently always kept, reused and offered to school children (in the art & crafts classes)
- Follow ethical trade by making sure all our partners are treated fairly and with respect, and that they have a good working environment. We have launched a Caring Practices Campaign that seeks to recognise the talents behind KiRiVOO’s production and have also joined the Fashion Revolution movement to educate people to think differently about what they wear and help to push the whole fashion industry to become more transparent
- We are supporting making moves toward greater transparency. The link to our suppliers list can be found under each product card
- Promote sustainability practises within the organisation and communicates and implement it at all levels within the workforce
- Educate consumers to buy less, choose well and make it last
- Partner for improvement and sustainability. We are listed in the Common Objective, Ethical Brands Directory and Sustainable Angle platforms because we see only collaboration can drive change towards better fashion industry. We've also partnered with Pure London+United Nations+CO+Conscious Fashion Campaign to put spotlight on sustainable brands at the Pure Conscious sector in the expo
Say no to plastic. Use only craft paper (recycled) for packaging, flyers, business cards, tags, bags etc.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY OBJECTIVES:
- Continue previously mentioned work as a responsible company, improve the business model and practises, make sure that all sourced materials are ethically/sustainably made and partner for successful sustainable development
- Improve shipping solutions and make logistics management as environmentally friendly as possible
- Contributing to a circular economy. Consider producing selected items of recycled fabrics and enrolling out a recycling process for our leftovers
- Start using (the Higg Index developed by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition to accurately measure and score our company's products sustainability performance
- Launch a garment renting service for customers who care to buy fewer things and rent their garments
- Adopt the standard and get certified sustainable fashion brand, not only source certified fabrics
Click here to go on and read about our manufacturing.